PR and Social Media Coordinator
- Full Time
Alissa Neil PR, a boutique firm specializing in public relations for media organizations, consumer tech and digital startups, is looking for a PR & Social Media Coordinator with 1-3 years of publicity experience to work on the firm’s numerous high-profile accounts. The position is based in NYC.
The PR & Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for handling day-to-day responsibilities for multiple large accounts, including pitching, press release writing, research, interview coordination, list building, tracking press coverage, etc. This role will focus on our media clients—including The Week and Harvard Business Review—but you should be comfortable working with our tech/lifestyle clients such as Cricut as well.
The candidate must be an excellent writer, follow the news and social media trends, and possess a strong understanding of today’s media landscape. The ideal applicant is someone who works well independently, is capable of handling multiple projects at once, and has high attention to detail.
- Write and send concise, targeted pitches to news outlets with the aim of securing press coverage and interviews for clients on the web, in print, and on TV, radio, and podcasts
- For journalism clients: determine news pegs and pitch angles to book journalists on broadcast programs for commentary (particularly related to politics); send articles of interest to reporters who cover a similar beat
- Maintain and update numerous press lists and cultivate relationships with reporter and producer contacts
- Write press materials including releases, pitches, biographies, one-sheets, and more
- Monitor media coverage and compile thorough reports of media hits for client delivery
- Develop and consult on social media opportunities for ANPR and for clients
- Draft tweets for executives
- Seek out award opportunities for clients and clients’ content, keep track of all applicable awards, and draft award applications
- Schedule meetings and assist with meeting prep; write and circulate meeting agendas
- Provide general administrative support on various activities and projects
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, PR, journalism, or related field required
- 1-3 years of experience in PR or media
- Fluency in Twitter essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Google Docs essential
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, CisionPoint, and Photoshop a plus
- Excellent writing skills and a strong grasp on grammar, style, and usage
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills across all mediums (in person, by phone, email, Twitter, etc.)
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Energetic, creative, and enthusiastic self-starter
ANPR is a boutique PR firm with offices in NY, DC and the SF bay area. We like to think of ourselves as working at the center of the zeitgeist, whether on interesting tech startups or news stories of the moment. Our environment moves at a quick pace and requires curiosity, creativity and someone who can shift gears at a moment’s notice. We take our clients seriously, but we also like to keep things light, fun and positive. We nurture and support our colleagues and seek mature and kind individuals to join our unique team.