- Full Time
HarperCollins Children’s Books, one of the leading publishers of children’s and teen books, is currently seeking an Assistant Publicist to provide administrative support to the publicity team. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who has a passion for children’s books and media, and is creative, energetic, and has a positive attitude.
- Assists the department with day-to-day administrative needs including:
- Managing the review copy process
- Responding to media requests
- Preparing reviewer lists
- Arranging all mailings through our outside mailing center and warehouse
- Assists publicists with author’s schedules, travel, and events for tours
- Writes press releases and pitch letters
- Produces and distributes Hype, the weekly publicity update
- Manages and archives all media, reviews and tours
- Attends several festivals and conventions a year
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior publicity/publishing experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced/high pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and travel when needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.