Random House Children’s Books is searching for a Designer to join their Art department as a Designer. This role will work across all formats, including 8X8’s, leveled readers, chapter books, picture books, board books and activity books, for all Brands and Licensed titles. The Designer will handle all phases of book cover and interior design from conception through production for notable licenses and brands, including Dr. Seuss, Sesame Street, Mercer Meyer, Richard Scary, Disney, DC, and Nickelodeon, as well as movie tie-in titles.
The Designer will work closely with the Executive Art Director and all external brands and licensing teams to incorporate feedback and refine designs. This is an incredible opportunity to manage all stages of cover and interior design for bestselling children’s titles!
In this role, you will:
* Produce mechanicals and comps for all design work.
* Research illustrations and photographs and negotiate contracts with artists and agencies for use in books.
* Prepare cover files for promotional use in catalogs and create electronic files and traditional mechanicals necessary for the publishing process.
* Collaborate with the editorial department to develop visual concepts.
* Monitor costs and keep within established budget guidelines.
* Trafficking design work to meet internal and external scheduling deadlines.
* Evaluate work progression with internal departments to address all special issues in relation to the completion of a project.
* Review design samples and provide samples to editorial meetings as necessary.
* Perform other related projects or duties as assigned or required.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.