- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 New Jersey is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated news professional to supervise newsgathering and presentation of hyperlocal news coverage on all platforms. Responsibilities will include: overseeing editorial content and monitoring the construction of newscasts, copy editing newscast and reporter scripts. Must have a strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic through social media and story selection.
Provide coaching and training for producers; conducting performance reviews; The Executive Producer will also be required to collaborate with the News Director and other news managers to develop special segments and news programming; troubleshoot issues and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of five years in journalism, including three years in television news producing, or equivalent
- Must have excellent writing & editing skills, and news judgment
- Must be able to generate exceptional story ideas
- Experience in managing teams is required
- Has a proven track record of ratings success and clear understanding of ratings strategies
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift, including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays, is required
- Must also be able to work under pressure and have excellent knowledge of current events and history
- Should have excellent organizational, multi-tasking, leadership, communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Should have superior news judgment, excellent coaching and training skills and strong team building skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.