Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Location: New York, New York
Function: Operations & Strategy
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, Advertising Sales & Client Partnerships, will support the communications and media relations strategy of NBCUniversal’s Advertising Sales & Partnerships division, helping to managing and execute communications aimed at positively positioning NBCUniversal and its brands among trade, client and business audiences. This position reports to the Director, Corporate Communications, Advertising Sales & Client Partnerships.
· Provide internal and external communications support for executives across NBCUniversal’s Advertising and Client Partnerships division.
· Manage and execute strategic media relations plans focused on NBCUniversal’s Advertising and Client Partnerships division.
· Serve as communications advisor to senior leaders of the Ad Sales organization
· Generate press releases, executive bios, media alerts, talking points and other communications materials
· Develop and maintain relationships with business and trade journalists to proactively place stories around the company’s advertising sales accomplishments and business activities.
· Coordinate and generate ideas and materials for NBCUniversal’s Advertising Sales presence at industry events, working collaboratively across marketing and other divisions.
· Assist in updating and maintaining all team communications materials.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5 + years of progressive experience in communications or media relations
· Strong communications background
· Excellent writing skills (releases, internal communications and presentations)
· Self-starter who can work independently and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
· A proactive multi-tasker, with the ability to prioritize and meet numerous deadlines
· A team player, willing to jump in on any project or assignment, big or small
· Precise attention to detail with problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
· The ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
· A strong interest in media relations
· Experience working with executives to prep and train for media
· Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
· Demonstrated interested in the advertising, media, and entertainment industry
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.