Audio - Assistant Managing Editor
- Full Time
HarperAudio is currently looking for a highly motivated Assistant Managing Editor. In this role you will work closely with the audiobook Managing Editor and production team to maintain metadata, schedules, and asset delivery for a large number of audiobook titles.
You will handle the asset management and metadata for a high volume of titles. The ability to manage multiple deadlines and track simultaneous projects is a must.
- Coordinate with print production to receive recordable manuscripts.
- Coordinate and schedule with design team to create cover artwork.
- Format scripts and manage additional bonus material when needed.
- Populate and manage metadata across databases, including, but not limited to: audiobook descriptions, performer information, runtimes, and BISAC codes.
- Assist digital distribution department with metadata updates.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in trade publishing, two years of which are in Managing Editorial
- Ability to set priorities under pressure
- Is a self-starter and strong team member
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and well-organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and excellent at Excel
- Interest in audiobooks is a plus
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.