Executive Editor, Digital
- Full Time
As the publisher of both Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Fast Company is the world’s leading business media brand, with an editorial focus on innovation in technology, leadership, world changing ideas, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
About The Role
Fast Company is seeking an innovative and energetic executive editor to lead and expand its award-winning digital journalism initiatives. As the executive editor you will direct a team of 30+ editors, writers, and contributors at fastcompany.com.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Serve as a conduit to the product, design, engineering, and digital ad sales teams.
- Develop and communicate digital strategy and initiatives across the organization.
- Work across different divisions to help achieve editorial and business goals; profitability is a key objective of fastcompany.com.
- Collaborate with editor-in-chief to set the overall vision for Fast Company.
- Create groundbreaking editorial initiatives that will increase the visibility and ambition of the title’s journalism.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Seven+ years of experience assigning and editing stories for a daily website.
- You have the ability to package and create imaginative, innovative stories and find fresh angles that rise above the Internet din.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- You have a strong interest in and previous experience in business news, and especially in Fast Company’s editorial pillars, including technology, creativity, design, social impact, work-life (leadership), and news.
- You have an established social-media presence, are savvy at sharing and promoting content on social media.
- You are deeply sourced in business news, and have contacts and relationships at the companies and institutions Fast Company regularly covers.
- You can juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment and have exceptional organizational skills
- You can work collaboratively with colleagues in publishing and integrated marketing to develop programs that enhance the profitability of our digital journalism.
Mansueto Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Executive Editor, Digital
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly