508 Compliance Specialist
- Full Time
Position: 508 Compliance Specialist
Location: Alexandria/Arlington, VA
Status: Freelance to Full Time
Estimated Duration: Possible Full Time
Starts: May 20, 2019
Rate: Up to $40/Hour DOE
Our client in Arlington, VA is looking for a 508 Specialist to work with their team on a contract basis with the option to be hired on as a Full Time employee.
**Must be an expert regarding 508 complaint deliverables**
- Guiding project managers, visual designers, researchers, and developers in meeting Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 compliance standards.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working on Section 508 compliance and accessibility.
- Experience with testing and remediating all types of documents (such as Microsoft Office documents and PDF documents).
- Knowledge of 508 and WCAG 2.0 compliance tools and testing procedures.
- Experience with screen reader software (i.e., Job Access With Speech [JAWS])
- Must have experience working on the front end of any given product (website, document, presentation) and test each deliverable to ensure all are 508 compliant. and testing to ensure the product is 508 compliant.
- Experience analyzing products and deliverables and providing feedback regarding what changes need to be made to ensure they are 508 compliant.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to:
View additional job opportunities at www.creativecircle.com
Creative Circle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Creative Circle will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact your Recruiter (the person you'll be interviewing with) or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements.