Part-time/Freelance Social Media Specialist
- Part Time
The Social Media Specialist for Cannondale plays a critical role within the Global Cannondale Digital team. The role has responsibilities across three key areas content planning, content execution, and analytics/research/planning. A successful candidate will have knowledge of social media best practices and be passionate about cycling and the Cannondale brand.
- Assist with the management of all social channels for Cannondale; setting global standards and working with regional leads to adapt as needed.
- Maintain the social content calendar and manage daily posting requirements
- Develop and maintain strong community management practices across all channels
- Ensure Cannondale’s brand is well positioned across current and emerging social channels to deepen community engagement
- Make recommendations on where to invest paid social media budget to support key posts
- Ensure all social and video content is correctly organized in the content management system
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content that drives consumer engagement and aligns with brand editorial calendars.
- Manage distribution of social media plans and digital content to regional teams.
Analytics, Research, & Reporting:
- Turn social analytics and data into actionable, engaging social content plans.
- Monitor and document competitor activity and create monthly benchmark reports to share internally.
- Create monthly reports to summarize campaign activity and key metrics (KPIs).
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in roles focused on social media or content creation.
- Knowledge of Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms.
- Good customer service orientation and attitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Experience with Percolate or similar Social Media/Campaign Management Systems
- Experience working with a global team
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use a computer keyboard and view a monitor for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel for throughout North America and internationally as needed
- (Approx. 10% of the time)