Digital Media Specialist
Location: Washington, D.C., Washington D.C.
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Obtaining, logging and organizing footage from a variety of sourcesResearching archival footage and providing support to the digital media unitBuilding and maintaining database of archived materialWorking directly with producers and correspondents on stories for broadcast and digitalUsing editorial judgment to select best footage for airWorking closely with ingest operators and editorsAttentively managing restricted materialSupporting Nightly News, TODAY, Meet the Press, and MSNBCManaging media folders, footage, and logs in AVID Media Central on a daily basisInput content into iNews on a daily basisOrganizing incoming media during breaking news coverage
• 3+ years’ experience working in broadcast journalism
• Must be available to work overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays are required
• Strong research and organization skills
• Detail oriented
• Experience with iNews, AVID and/or Media Central a plus
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Solid knowledge of current events and politics
• Experience conducting video research
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and quickly changing objectives/priorities in a fast paced environment
• Team player
• Excellent computer skills
• Experience using research databases
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.