PLEASE NOTE: This is a limited term position with an estimated end date in December 2019, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed. Role Purpose
This position will provide technical business analyst (BA) expertise in the software development lifecycle both for NBC Universal enterprise wide initiatives as well as internal NBC Sports development projects. The role requires the ability to capture business requirements and translate them into written technical documentation, visualizations, data mapping, and user stories for developers. The Business Analyst will balance analysis of business needs and gap analysis with communication to developers and project managers to schedule into Sprints. The Business Analyst is a client-facing role requiring excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and provides an opportunity for an individual to expand beyond traditional application environments to help build cutting edge digital products such as video streaming platforms and television systems and applications.
The Business Analyst will manage business expectations for corporate obligations, priorities, and budget while diligently working alongside project managers and dev to deliver on high profile initiatives. The project team will work together to ensure the leadership team has clear expectations of milestones and risks by reporting and presenting at a program level. Responsibilities
- Maintain user stories for all business requirements organized by work-stream in the architecture
- Support project team with the creation of technical documents such as business object models, gap analysis matrices, and weekly status reports demonstrating an understanding of tech components
- Where applicable, be responsible for producing and maintaining comprehensive BRD’s
- Work with our broad partner set roles including Project Managers, Developers, Engineers, QA, Support, and Operations for a variety of high profile initiatives at NBCUniversal
- Translate business needs into functional specifications for custom services and applications
- Conduct gap analysis and provide ongoing reports to project managers and developers
- Create high-level conceptual data mapping, matrices, and visualizations
- Translate requirements and tech specs into user stories that both business and dev can understand
- Conduct ongoing sessions with business stakeholders to validate requirements and provide written summaries to project managers
- Understand business and executive priorities and report risks and gaps up to project managers
- Work alongside Dev and QA in the process to ensure requirements are clear and assist with writing test cases occasionally
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in business analyst duties at major firms in either finance or media
- Degree from Undergraduate program in IT, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum basic skills in creating technical documents using Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient with project management tools such as Jira, Confluence, or other
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience using Visio or other visualization tools for creation of flowcharts and object models
- Exposure to any web application development and performance testing
- Exposure to video streaming protocols such as RTMP, HLS, DASH, and CMAF
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.