Art in America: Senior Editor
- Full Time
Art in America: Senior Editor
Published since 1913, Art in America is an independent magazine devoted to art criticism. We seek a full-time Senior Editor with significant editorial experience, deep knowledge of contemporary art, and a strong record of publications.
Reporting to the Editor and working closely with a tight-knit staff, the Senior Editor is involved in all aspects of the publication, from contributing high-level concepts to line-editing and proofreading texts. The Senior Editor is an active participant at key art world events and assists with developing Art in America's live initiatives. This position requires an interest in developing innovative models of publishing for a rapidly changing art media landscape.
- Commissions and edits features, columns, interviews, and reviews for Art in America
- Recruits writers for an expanding contributor network
- Contributes essays for the website and print magazine
- Represents the magazine at public events and assists with event organizing
- Master’s degree in art history or related field (or equivalent experience)
- At least four years of professional editorial experience that includes copyediting and proofreading
- Established profile within the contemporary art world
- Proficiency with online publishing and social media
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in a foreign language a plus
- Experience in film production a plus
About Art in America:
For more than a century, Art in America has published groundbreaking critical insights about contemporary art and culture. Each monthly issue features exhibition reviews, interviews with leading artists, and in-depth essays by critics, curators, and scholars at the forefront of their fields. Art in America has earned a reputation for promoting informed analysis of the most important art movements in the United States and around the world. Between its flagship print edition and growing digital presence—bolstered by more than a million followers on social media—Art in America today reaches both influential art world insiders as well as a broad audience invested in understanding pivotal cultural trends.
Art in America’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
PMC’s award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.