Interim PR Manager Americas
- Full Time
Small Luxury Hotels of the World
Interim PR Manager Americas
Location: New York, USA
Reports to: VP of PR Worldwide
Job Type: Temporary
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline for Applications: May 21, 2019
This position is a temporary maternity cover for a 4-5 month time period. The PR Manager Americas is responsible for overall execution of our PR strategy within the Americas. Responsible for managing the public relations department in the US and the content it delivers. Ensures brand message is consistent, timely, and relevant.
Small Luxury Hotels of the World™ is seeking a highly motivated individual with a minimum of six years PR experience; excellent writing and presentation skills; a personable manner; a team-player and able to work well with other departments; organized, efficient and able to respond quickly to deadlines; detail orientated; with advanced computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint; a second language is preferable (preferably Spanish); and strong familiarity with the social networks such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Excellent media contacts, particularly luxury travel related, across Americas region is essential.
The brand enjoys an excellent position in the global luxury travel market and the successful candidate will have a good understanding of the challenges and opportunities that are relevant to the SLH brand.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive PR background within the hotel and/or travel industry coupled with wider PR industry knowledge and expertise. They must have a good understanding of the luxury market and be able to bring a fresh approach to the category both in terms of strategy and deliverables.
Role (and team) responsibilities:
- Maintain positive and close relationship with extensive media contacts and proactively work to grow database, to incorporate blogs, instagrammers, online, broadcast, niche (sector specific), international and more.
- Identify trends and topical news - use actively and creatively for feature placement.
- Help plan and execute media/hotelier events as well as speaking opportunity for key spokespeople in the company.
- Support sales teams with media opportunities at travel trade events internationally and be prepared to travel extensively (monthly at times).
- Support the PR and marketing effort in writing compelling copy and any other material not covered by the outside agencies, e.g. news releases for new hotels.
- Manage an exhaustive press list and ensure they are customised to SLH and kept up to date in a set database
- Proactively approach and liaise with targeted publications to get advertorials, competitions/reader offers and advertising printed in return for barter.
- Maintain a spread sheet of planned events, press releases, advertorials, competitions, all SLH newsletters (plus editorial content), with this role playing an integral part in the planning process.
- Maintain internal systems with regards to PR activity: salesforce and myslh.com
- File the global press coverage and compile the significant press cuttings for distribution internally and to the hotels; and analyses the value of coverage.
- Respond to the global day-to-day press enquiries via email@example.com and general email and telephone requests including those seeking information and pictures.