- Full Time
The Digital Director has responsibility for digital content and strategy, including the quality of digital communications and balance of tactics and messaging across owned channels. The Digital Director leads thinking about platform development, ensures digital growth strategies are aligned with organizational objectives, and collaborates with colleagues in Communications to increase brand visibility online, acquire new audiences, deepen engagement, and apply data-driven insights to digital marketing.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications and working in close partnership with the Editorial Director, this is an exempt, full-time position located in our NYC headquarters.
The Child Mind Institute is proud to be named a Great Place to Work-Certified company! Our competitive compensation and benefits include medical insurance, 401(k) with match, flexible work schedules, paid parental leave, dependent care and discounted tickets and entertainment perks program.
- Take a lead role defining Child Mind Institute’s digital strategy, goals and tactical execution across platforms (desktop, mobile, tablet) and channels (web, email, search, display).
- Develop a multi-year digital roadmap and goals and work with colleagues to define strategies and develop detailed plans for website/microsites, email, mobile apps, CRM integrations, etc.
- Drive discussion of how best to reach and grow Child Mind Institute audiences via digital media (web, social, email) and contribute to thought leadership around engagement practices, performance measurement and operational concerns including departmental processes and workflows.
- Offer input and guidance on digital content initiatives geared towards leading users along the engagement curve. Advocate for end-user needs, promote a user-centric approach to digital products and seek to provide a seamless brand experience for audiences.
- Offer subject matter expertise to senior management to ensure that digital is fully integrated with other parts of the marketing mix.
- Coordinate analytics tracking and reporting, communicate actionable insights, manage the quarterly reporting cycle, engage the broader communications team in planning discussions fueled by analytics insights, and share regular updates with staff and senior leadership.
- Manage external digital agency relationships and work products such as personas, project briefs, requirements documents, and other standard deliverables.
- Oversee the digital ecosystem and supporting business processes to ensure the efficient development of online platforms/products.
- Provide quality assurance and be accountable for meeting schedule and budget targets.
- Act as the product owner for digital platforms, including childmind.org and microsites, with responsibility for user experience, interactive features/functionality, information architecture, and publishing tools as well as content strategy, maintenance and governance processes.
- Establish a content governance committee to make joint decisions about owned channels.
- Support the efforts of the Director of Marketing and Communications to build digital expertise across functional teams in Communications. Structure and lead the digital team.
- Partner with colleagues to:
- Facilitate a good balance of marketing and editorial content in public-facing digital products.
- Help define content needs, refine content plans and provide input on content calendaring.
- Align digital product strategies with editorial and business goals.
- Help maximize online acquisition, engagement and conversion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing, communications, digital media, or related field.
- 10+ years experience, including digital marketing strategy and project/program management.
- Broad knowledge of online advertising, including network, search, mobile, remarketing, etc.
- Well-versed in best practices for permission-based, CRM-driven email marketing and related platforms.
- Strong foundation in information architecture and user experience design, content strategy, search engine optimization, and analytics.
- User-centric approach to product development and ability to advocate for audience needs.
- Campaign management experience and expertise using sophisticated campaigning platforms.
- Comfortable using enterprise-level CMS and CRM platforms.
- Experience working with, WordPress required, and experience with SalesForce a plus.
- Experience (or willingness) to work with a technical ecosystem of existing third-party tools used to achieve specific goals.
- Specific relevant experience with public information or awareness campaigns, health marketing, cause marketing, or nonprofit fundraising a plus.
- Knowledge of formal product management methodologies and experience with full software development life cycle a plus.
- Required to work with external suppliers such as web developers, SEO experts, etc.
- Balance of client-side and agency-side experience.
- Prior nonprofit experience a plus.
- Able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Please upload your resume and cover letter during the application process.