SHE Media: Graphic Designer
- Full Time
SHE Media: Graphic Designer
SHE Media is hiring a graphic designer to join its New York team to oversee and execute the visual identity of our fashion and beauty site STYLECASTER. This highly collaborative role involves working closely with our editors to bring their story ideas to life through image treatments, collages, illustrations, GIFs, infographics and original designs that instantly communicate both the concept and the brand’s unique aesthetic.
The ideal candidate will have web design experience in the digital fashion and beauty space, possess a sophisticated yet modern design sensibility and thrive under tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects. He/she will also have a passion for pop culture, fashion, beauty and lifestyle content that millennial women care about—from the latest drugstore beauty drops latest street style trends.
- Manage STYLECASTER’s art and design workflow, ensuring all original designs convey a consistent visual brand identity
- Create image treatments, collages, illustrations, GIFs, infographics, tentpole banners and more for editorial and sponsored content across the site as well as its social channels
- Produce house ads, lightboxes and other editorially driven UX designs
- Assist editors with photo research
The Fine Print
- 2–3 years graphic design experience, preferably for a digital media or lifestyle brand
- A solid knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is required
- Passion for typography, branding and multimedia design
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively
- Ability to turn complex concepts and data into clear visuals
About SHE Media:
SHE Media (formerly SheKnows Media) is a mission-driven digital media company created for and by women with approximately 60 million unique visitors per month (comScore) and 350 million-plus social media fans and followers. Our mission is to validate women’s voices and leadership as a unifying force for global good. The SHE Media Partner Network is the leading source for thousands of content creators, offering a diverse portfolio of monetization opportunities and educational materials to help them turn their passions into profit. SHE Media encompasses a family of leading media properties alongside our flagship sites: SheKnows.com, STYLECASTER, and #BlogHer, which hosts the world’s leading events for female content creators and entrepreneurs. SHE Media is also the creator of innovative platforms that include: The #Femvertising Awards, which honors the best pro-female advertising each year; Hatch, a resource for parents featuring kid-generated content; The Pitch, a live event series for women entrepreneurs; and The Voices of the Year, which celebrates the best in lifestyle content creation and pro-human activism. SHE Media’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and Information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.