Associate Graphic Designer
- Full Time
- Reports to: Senior Vice President, Production; Art Director
- Staff reporting to this position: None
- Department: Art, Editorial, and Video
- Position classification: Nonexempt, full time
American Progress is seeking a versatile and creative Associate Graphic Designer to join the Art team. This individual will work as part of a team that creates websites, data visualizations, web figures and graphics, print reports, social media graphics, marketing materials, event branding, interactive media, and video storytelling. The Associate Graphic Designer will help American Progress communicate progressive ideas and arguments through clear, visually compelling design. The position’s primary responsibilities will include webpage and social media asset design as well as layout and production of print publications.
- Develop wireframes, page design mock-ups, and prototypes for landing pages, websites, and web-based interactives.
- Design, lay out, and produce reports and other publications.
- Create charts, graphs, and other data visualizations from raw data, working with report authors to tell compelling stories.
- Design branding for products, campaigns, and events.
- Conceive and create assets for various social media accounts.
- Manage print and graphic workflow.
- Attend weekly pitch meetings for design requests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic design or a related major or at least two years of professional design experience.
- A strong portfolio of design work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Highly creative, versatile, and willing to learn and grow on the job.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with the latest versions of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop in a Mac OS X environment as well as with Microsoft Office suite.
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals.
Additional experience and proficiency with the following are desirable but not required:
- User experience and user interaction design.
- Statistics and data analysis.
- Advanced data visualization.
- Front-end development.
- Photo editing.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.