Director of Communications, MSNBC
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: PR & Communications
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Promote MSNBC content—focusing on exclusives, communicate ratings data, and position brands for maximum marketplace visibilityServe as a media strategist and spokesperson for talent and programsFoster strong contacts with print, digital, and trade mediaPitch ideas and create promotional opportunities for talent and programsCoordinate media interviews, photo shoots and publicity opportunities, including speaking eventsCoordinate and execute events that promote MSNBCGenerate press materials, including press releases, bios, talking points, tweets, and pitch lettersWork closely with executives, producers, standards and legal on approval of written materials Note: This position will at times require weekend work.
MSNBC is looking for an experienced communications professional to join the NYC team. The Director will develop and execute press strategies for acclaimed hard news brands for MSNBC.
Shows include MSNBC Dayside & Weekend programming, Deadline: White House, MTP Daily, the Beat with Ari Melber and the 11th Hour with Brian Williams.
Responsibilities of the Director, Communications include, but are not limited to:
• Minimum 8 years relevant media relations and communications experience, political experience strongly preferred
• Excellent news judgement and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Willingness to travel and work on weekends
• Experience with, and contacts in media/political talent relations
• Experience in data and ratings measurement
• Exemplary organization and time management skills
• Ability to work across and balance multiple teams, deadlines, and projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or equivalent
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience in television publicity
• Strong understand of, and experience with social media & emerging platforms
• Passion for news and journalism
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.