Manager, Communications Primetime
Location: New York, New York
Function: Operations & Strategy
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Lead support under the Senior Director by managing press and publicity for primetime programmingPitch daily show content, write press releases, distribute videos, photos and general press materialsHelp create detailed press plans for series, initiatives and programming eventsProvide strategic media relations for talentMaintain and grow detailed communication plans, media list and schedulesProvide PR support during breaking news situations and specialsManager external media relationships and partnershipsDevelop relationships with key media contacts and across NBC News and NBCU Note: This position will at times require late night and weekend work.
The Manager, Communications will support the communication and media relations needs for MSNBC Primetime.
Shows include Hardball with Chris Matthews, All In with Chris Hayes, The Rachel Maddow Show, and the Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell.
Responsibilities of the Manager, Communications include, but are not limited to:
• Minimum 5 years relevant media relations and communications experience, political experience strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or equivalent
• Excellent news judgement and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Willingness to travel and work on weekends
• Experience with, and contacts in media/political talent relations
• Exemplary organization and time management skills
• Ability to work across and balance multiple teams, deadlines, and projects
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience with media and TV network preferred
• Experience with talent relations
• Proven experience and success communicating with media outlets
• Established ability to think creatively and develop outside of the box solutions
• Passion for news and journalism
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.