Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Create products and design experiences for NBC Entertainment Digital properties.Manage product lifecycle from concept to launch for a portfolio of show sites, show apps, games and features.
Essential Responsibilities: Plan, manage and execute on new product development and updates with a focus on innovation, quality and efficiency.Develop products within an agile development methodology, turning concepts into thorough proposals including specific requirements, while still incorporating creativity into the development process.Translate business, product and customer requirements, data and study results into defined architecture and user flows that inspire development of the right product experience.Deliver flowcharts, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, presentations and comprehensively annotated design specifications for internal and external development teams.Plan and oversee testing criteria for usability studies, A/B & MV Testing of products and platforms as part of the design process.Partner with Technology and Design teams to assess the feasibility and tactics of products and ensure the quality of all NBC Entertainment products both at launch and over their lifetime, from both consumer-facing and back-end/technology perspectives.Oversee product concept research (both qualitative and quantitative) through usability testing.Manage product development vendors, negotiate contracts with product vendors, and resolve any issues with vendor deliverables.Maintain leading knowledge on industry landscape, digital products and development, including an awareness of competitors’ activity.Own the product from ideation to delivery to sunset.Final say on product decisions.Responsible for competitive product awareness and analysis. Work with research for any product domain quant/qualitative research.Lead any vendor proposal solicitation for product development bids.Gather requirements and write the PRD.Write all user stories, and requirements (requirement writing may be shared with the project manager or an analyst).Work with Design, Tech, QA, any vendors and project manager to plan the product development.Secure approvals for all aspects of the planned product.Manage the vendor, and make sure that the SOW has sufficient product, technical and performance detail.Monitor the performance of the product during its lifespan and recommend enhancements accordingly.Manage the product backlog.Ensure that the product gathers the appropriate metrics for research, ad sales, UX, and producers.Keep Sales team abreast of upcoming product launches and new capabilities, participate in RFP response brainstorms and assist in the development of digital product solutions that satisfy advertising campaign objectives
-Education in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Information Architecture, and/or Product Design
-Minimum of 7 years product development experience
-Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
-Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
-Location is flexible, may be in NY/LA
-Must have work authorization to work in the United States
-Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Shipped one or more high-quality products, that the candidate managed from concept to launch
- High degree of creativity, user experience, interaction design and problem solving abilities.
- Hands on experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing, personas, user tasks and scenarios, internal and external user interviews.
- Confidence working on complex mobile/web applications with consumer focused product UX.
- Strategic ability to incorporate existing knowledge and research with long term vision of the digital marketplace and NBC Entertainment’s Digital goals
- Strong technical background, with an alacrity for design, marketing, sales, and business development
- Able to project themselves into the mind of the customer and colleagues in other disciplines
- Experience in Entertainment, particularly television.
- Experience with emerging technology and platforms, particularly mobile technology
- Ideal candidate is polished with excellent interpersonal, managerial and communication skills
- Acute attention to detail and focus on delivering excellence
- Ability to work with others across the organization to achieve goals via influence rather than direct authority
- Flexibility and an ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to prioritize and set clear objectives for team
- Comfortable with change and the ability to adapt as product priorities shift to meet strategic business objectives
- Understanding of digital (web/mobile) monetization models/trends and ad serving capabilities
- Customer-centric approach – demonstrable experience in delivering value to end users
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
About NBC Entertainment Digital
NBC Entertainment Digital is a fast paced, innovative technology group that builds digital products. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning technology world is that we get to work with award winning content and have the backing of a world leading media company. We’re looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to entertain and delight the millions of viewers who visit our digital properties every day. If you want to work on the future of television alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.