Goals are to identify and oversee casting, new pilots, presentations, and development projects for Bravo and create and foster strong relationships in the entertainment community, especially on the west coast. Key Responsibilities
Generate innovative and high-quality programming that at once exemplify and expand the Bravo brandIdentify concepts and talent that are a good fit for the Bravo brandTake new project pitches, assess, and communicate the ideas internally and make recommendations for action Serve as an enthusiastic and engaged liaison to the agent and production communityIdentify appropriate showrunners and production companies with whom Bravo should be in business
Supervise production of myriad development reels: casting, presentation through full pilots Provide notes on cuts of all casting reels and pilot productionWork with Business Affairs to close talent and production dealsWork with Production Management to ensure that agreed to concepts are fully realized in productionBrainstorm internal concepts for shows that will evolve the Bravo brand
Be an expert on pop culture, lifestyle & entertainment spaceBe the liaison between internal departments, to communicate and coordinate information flow for all applicable projectsKeep track of incoming creative materialKeep track of competitive network slates and trends, and help keep us ahead of what’s nextWork with Current Programming to determine white space areas for developmentOccasionally act as E.I.C. on a current series in addition to regular duties
• 7+ years as an executive and leader in non-scripted programming
• Demonstrated knowledge of and relationships with industry professionals necessary
• Proven experience with both development and production of non-scripted television programming mandatory
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #48859BR).
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Creative, out of the box thinker who is passionate about lifestyle programming
• Responsible, level headed, extremely organized, and the ability to handle deadlines a must
• Deep understanding of – and passion for – the bravo brand
• Great team player – collaborative and empathetic towards other team members
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and be successful in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Valued relationships with the agent and production communities
• Strong writing skills
• Analytic approach to the current competitive environment
• Cable network experience an advantage
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.