Senior Production Editor
- Full Time
HarperCollins is currently seeking a Senior Production Editor to handle titles the William Morrow, Ecco, Dey Street Books, and Harper Voyager imprints, with an emphasis on high-profile authors, serious nonfiction, literary fiction, and heavily illustrated books.
- Supervise from a production editorial standpoint the production of titles from receipt of edited manuscript through bound book.
- Using MS Word and HarperCollins proprietary software, code and update electronic manuscripts; copyedit, proofread, and route jacket mechanicals and other materials.
- Engage with freelancers and ensure that project standards and deadlines are met.
- Work with editors, designers, and production managers in anticipating and resolving problems.
- Evaluate and coordinate artwork and/or back matter materials.
- Collate and check proofs; copyedit and proofread miscellaneous material (i.e., front matter, back matter, indexes) and flap copy, cover mechanicals, and fujis.
- Handle multiple projects while maintaining high standards of quality control and meeting strict deadlines, often under tight production schedules.
- A minimum of 5+ years of prior production editorial work experience, preferably in trade book publishing, with the demonstrated ability to work from manuscript to bound book under minimal supervision. Four-color illustrated book experience a plus.
- Must have strong computer/MS Word skills.
- Solid copyediting and proofreading skills; college-level understanding and use of the English language; strong knowledge of and prior work using Chicago Manual of Style; must be detailed-oriented, well organized, and able to set priorities under pressure.
- Must possess college degree or equivalent work experience.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.