Marketing Manager - Inkyard Press
- Full Time
Harlequin is currently seeking a dynamic, creative Marketing Manager for Inkyard Press (Harlequin’s YA imprint) within the North American Trade Publishing division.
The Marketing Manager is directly responsible for leading the strategic planning, budgeting, development, and execution of marketing initiatives, promotional plans, and partnerships for Inkyard Press and its books. Working with the Publishing Director and the Inkyard editorial team, this role will also contribute to strategic initiatives for the imprint, with a focus on driving audience growth and book sales.
- Manages imprint marketing strategy and tactics across the portfolio of campaigns, as well as the development of partnership and new business projects across U.S. and Canadian markets.
- Develops imprint and title/series messaging, utilizing digital as well as traditional media, and liaising with key internal teams like Sales, Publicity, and Design.
- Works directly with authors to communicate and develop book- or series-specific marketing strategies that benefit an author’s long-term publishing track with Inkyard.
- Plans for long-range growth of Inkyard Press by reviewing past campaign performances and seeking future improvements.
- Attends and presents at key business meetings, industry events & conferences.
- Communicates the goals, needs, and results of the department to senior staff and related departments.
- Works closely with digital team in creating social media marketing strategies and online content.
- Works with sales team to align marketing initiatives to key retail moments and supplies support for major retail initiatives.
- Manages imprint ad strategy, including placement, timing, creative messaging, and user experience of the end-consumer.
- Maintains a vast understanding of competitive brands and trends in the publishing industry, as well as the overall fiction, literary book club, and entertainment markets.
- Minimum 5 years of Children’s publishing experience, with a strong background in digital marketing and brand development, with a proven ability to establish and measure against campaign KPI’s
- Strong partnership development & relationship management experience
- Strong understanding of the teen marketplace and ability to identify key contacts and programs within this space
- Excellent writing skills, including ability to write in a voice appealing to teens
- Enthusiastic, highly collaborative team player with exceptional creativity, problem-solving, decision-making, and presentation skills
- Calm under pressure, with the ability to take initiative, effectively lead cross-functional teams and prioritize multiple projects under tight timelines.
- Ability to communicate persuasively and dynamically in both individual and group settings
- Results oriented with strong eye to executional excellence
- Travel will be required
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.