Food Art Director
- Part Time
Ami Magazine is seeking graphic designer with experience with food editorial to join its Brooklyn team to design Whisk, our weekly food magazine. This role involves with our editors to bring their story ideas to life through photo direction and original designs that communicate an upscale aesthetic.
The ideal candidate will have experience with food editorial, experience with providing visual direction to photographers, and work well under tight deadlines. He/she will also have a passion for food culture and cooking.
- Manage art and design workflow, ensuring all original designs convey a consistent visual brand identity
- Provide direction to photographers and bring ideas to editors regarding the photography
- Lay out each weekly issue including preparing files for prepress/print.
- Occasionally help with layouts of our other publications
- 4-5 years editorial design/art direction experience, preferably for a food magazine or comparable experience
- A solid knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign is required
- Passion for typography and editorial design
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively