Product Manager - KBB
- Full Time
In order to successfully fulfill these responsibilities, the Product Manager will be working closely with a group of highly motivated Analysts that are responsible for vehicle valuations at KBB as well as Marketing and Sales teams.
• Support the definition of the Kelley Blue Book product strategy and roadmap requirements to drive P&L goals for specific product lines. Develop and present business case justification for new product initiatives and enhancements.
• Work with external customers to understand business process and flows to deliver solutions that meet business needs
• Work with cross functional solutions teams to deliver integrated solutions across Cox Automotive Canada products and services
• Ability to work with software engineering team on complex information products, working through all phases of the product development life cycle
• Collects and analyzes data on customer preferences and needs to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand. Conducts market research that will assist in driving feature prioritization.
• Support sales efforts with a product marketing plan (including market segmentation) and provide training and support as needed
• Spends time in new markets researching the business processes required of new product initiatives and in current markets, assessing functional enhancement prioritization. Lead role in defining lender, OEM, Dealer and Partner facing business processes and product feature sets.
• Interfaces with internal and external partners and clients as a representative and subject matter expert for all KBB products
• Owns vision and product roadmap and feature prioritization. Participates in establishing feature acceptance criteria and collaborative design sessions. Provides the team with definition, clarification and acceptance of features.
• Present the valuation process to internal and external clients to educate the market on KBB values
• Stay current on the automotive industry as a whole, i.e. manufacturer pricing in the new and used car market, following market trends to determine the affect on KBB weekly values
• Occasional overnight travel (up to 20%) by land and/or air.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications:Essential skills, knowledge and abilities:
• Ability to organize, plan, direct staff to execute a plan, and have a proven track record of being able to meet deadlines
• Prior automotive experience required
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in product management, with progressive growth and demonstrated success managing products
• Strong data and analytical skills
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient personal computer skills including email and Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.