- Full Time
WVTM TV is looking for a well-rounded full-time Digital Producer who will create content for its website, mobile products and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent storyteller and multi-tasker who can edit and create content facing intense competition under constant deadline pressure. Breaking news and weather are huge in our area, and our producer must know how to capitalize on it all, while executing their daily responsibilities.
- Write/edit and publish breaking news and weather, daily news, sports and feature stories for our station website, and other social media platforms.
- Write compelling headlines; especially for mobile and social media as well as carefully crafted mobile push notifications for breaking news/severe weather
- Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
- Work with Producers, Assignment Editors and Managers to ensure cross promotion of content across all platforms
- Develop multimedia special projects
- Managing LIVE streams of newscasts and breaking news
- Consistently contribute ideas to help grow our station’s digital platforms
- Other duties as required
- Preferably 1-3 years of experience in a professional television newsroom and/or web-publishing environment including related military experience
- Strong news and editorial judgment
- Excellent AP writing skills
- Basic knowledge of video editing
- Strong understanding of social media best practices
- Flexibility to work different shifts (including nights and weekends), holidays, etc., on short notice to cover a 24-hour news cycle
- Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
- Military training and experience will be considered.