Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Do you love pop culture and entertainment news? What about trends, viral videos, and social media? We're looking for a Field Producer to deliver and execute creative content around a variety of topics including entertainment news, human interest, and even celebrity features. Reporting to the Executive Producer and Supervising Producer, as well as working closely with our Production teams, this role will be responsible for the execution of daily editorial content covering an array of topics in a variety of forms, from breaking news to red carpets to oversight and execution of package pieces.
From day in and day out producing to press junkets and award shows, this person will be able to work collaboratively to create engaging television. This position will be able to produce in the field and at offsite interviews when needed, source and advance news stories, and work well within a team environment. Must be comfortable developing ideas that work across all media including on air, digital, and social media. Also must have basic editing capabilities to help prepare and deliver content directly to air as well as in collaboration with editors and post team.
Produce original and engaging editorial pieces, including supporting digital content when necessary, for broadcastOversee creative segments under the direction of the EP and Supervising Producer as well as work closely with Production team members to ensure budget expectations are met, staffing needs are communicated, and post/deliverables are executed on timeContribute towards building the brand identity by being able to take information and create engaging and interactive formats in which the viewer can participate Write scripts and execute story telling visually through the selection of appropriate still and video images within budget and time parameters and while maintaining factual accuracyMust demonstrate pop culture passion, entertainment news authority and active participation and awareness of the importance of social media to the entertainment news genreWork directly with talent, ensuring proper communication pre show in regards to segment expectations and goals through research and consistent updatesOversee content from conceptualization through the various stages of execution, to include: Research/ Writing/ Producing/ Post and Voiceover direction.Identify and pitch story opportunities, finding the unique story angle while maintaining factual accuracyBasic knowledge of editing desired, but willingness to learn is sufficient, with expectation that material can be delivered from producer directly to studio when necessaryBook guests and human interest stories as necessary and in conjunction with talent bookersDiligent about production paperwork including shoot reports and music reporting, legal guidelines, journalistic standards, and adhering to the on air working practices.Flexibility in role within the team and within the company, including working across multiple formats and departments as needed Strong communicator who is able to work closely with team members and talent, take and deliver feedback constructively, and contribute to an environment of communication and accountabilityOffer a range of creative paths, where appropriate, as part of the creative development processCreatively ambitious, willing to take risks and have fun.Other duties as assigned
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role within a television broadcast, news station, network or creative agency environment
• Experience with iNews or ENPS delivery systems preferred
• Must have ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings, due to news and breaking news cycle and event coverage as needed
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• A passion for television in general and entertainment news in particular. Awareness of trends, viral videos, and breaking news across all social media platforms
• Strong knowledge and understanding of production
• Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and multitask a wide range of responsibilities
• Creative thinker with the skills and imagination to produce content that engages viewers including games, transformations, and stories about real people
• A clear understanding of current trends in the industry, social media, OTT, etc.
• Ability to write strong and distinctive copy
• The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines within a prescribed budget
• Good interpersonal skills, both in contributing to the creative team as well as in representing the department throughout the company
• Demonstrated ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.