1st Asst Accountant
Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Process all accounts payables and petty cash reimbursementsAudits accounts payable and purchase ordersProcess and audit all purchasing card paymentsCollect W9’s from all vendors, prior to paymentSet up vendors in system when necessaryFollow up directly with vendors on any discrepanciesMaintain and review 1099 listRunning weekly final reports for postingManagement of Accounting OfficeCutting all a/p checksPrepping the Key Accountant for cost reportingPreparing distribution changes and journal entries for input and auditing themSubmitting inter-company JE’s and wire transfers to Studio Finance for approvals and processingResearching discrepancies
NBCUniversal Entertainment First Run Syndication is seeking 1st Assistant Accountant to work with all day to day operations as outlined below for “The Kelly Clarkson Show.” This is a Run of Show position.
• Minimum 3 year of television production accounting experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Prior experience using VISTA accounting software
• Prior experience in production accounting
• Prior experience in a production role
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments under high pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills & organizational skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work within a team environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.