Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Oversee all payroll for show, includes exempt, nonexempt, freelance and union populationEnter/confirm on a weekly basis that all times are entered and coded correctly into Timekeeper for Staff population, and manually calculate timecards and verify reports for union/non-Staff employeesWorking knowledge of various union contracts, i.e. NABET, IATSE, AFTRA, DGA, WGA, AFM. Requires ability to read and understand union contractsHandle talent paperwork and payments, monitor AFTRA fringe caps, ATL payment schedules and ATL employment agreementsHandle various paperwork for Union and non-union employees and some Staff employees as neededCreate and keep up-to-date Excel spreadsheets DGA payments, writer payments, sick days, over scale payments, contractual increases, and other reportsPrepare reports for Production and Legal Departments as necessaryHandle per diem payments for travelProcess payroll adjustments to timecardsProcess E.P. location check print and process E.P. invoices and adjustmentsProcess foreign payroll through Sargent-DiscProcess holiday and vacation payments of union hiresKnowledge of Federal and State payroll rules and regulationsOther ad-hoc duties as outlined by Manager
NBCUniversal Entertainment First Run Syndication is seeking a Payroll Accountant to work with all day to day operations as outlined below for “The Kelly Clarkson Show.” This is a Run of Show position.
• Minimum 1 year of episodic production accounting experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience as production payroll accountant, duties would have included the processing/input and interface of all payroll
• Very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Vista 5
• Must have ability to work flexible hours into the evenings and occasional weekend days or holidays due to payroll deadlines
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong knowledge of AFTRA, NABET, DGA, WGA, AFM and IATSE union agreements
• Working knowledge of NBC Universal internal payroll systems a plus
• Working knowledge of SmartStart and SmartTime a plus
• Working knowledge of all NBC Videotape union weekly strip show agreements desired
• Strong analytical, organizational and detail-oriented skills with great attention to detail.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to adhere to all reporting deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with various internal and external personnel at show, corporate and vendor levels
• Comfortable working with all levels of management and talent
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.