2nd Assistant Accountant
Location: Universal City, California
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Assist payroll accountant with payroll prep and inputPrepare and send new show production packetsAssist with update of Production Status Report Data entry as needed, including journal entries for studio charges, and distribution charges as requested by managerResearch studio costs and obtain backup Distribute all incoming production accounting reports and related documentsUpdate and distribute various internal Production Finance reportsAssist with accounts payable for 1st assistantEstablish and maintain complete files as neededPrepare all documents for scanning and maintain boxes of returned documentsInput of purchase orders into accounting systemRun and manage exception reports in ScenechronizeAssist with other special projects as required (for example: funding reconciliations, bank reconciliations, implementation of new procedures, etc.)
NBCUniversal Entertainment First Run Syndication is seeking a 2nd Assistant Accountant to work with all day to day operations as outlined below for “The Kelly Clarkson Show.” This is a Run of Show position.
• Minimum 1 year of television production accounting experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in accounting or finance
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments under high pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work within a team environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.