Senior Director, Product Operations & Readiness
- Full Time
Product Operations responsibilities include establishing and managing a consistent set of base product management deliverables as well as reporting and performance against a defined set of KPIs. This role will need to identify and manage tools and resources needed across several products and delivery streams. Partnering closely with product leaders and teams to implement key product management practices will be critical to delivering on annual goals.
Product Readiness responsibilities include ensuring go to market strategies, planning stages, operational readiness and full market launch are covered for the release of new products and enhancements. This role will manage a team to enable launch efforts of new products and product enhancements across multiple different product lines and brands in the Retail Solutions Group. Managing launch teams and cross-functional efforts will be required for effective launch, including impact analysis steps, identification and mitigation of challenges during the launch planning cycle. Success is measured against pre- and post-launch goals and meeting key milestones.
This role will partner closely with the Retail product and engineering delivery teams, as well as functional teams that are critical to go to market execution (i.e., marketing, business operations, sales, change management, etc.). To be successful in this role, the candidate must have a combination of software product knowledge, operational knowledge, stakeholder consultation, user experience, and project management skills. He/she must also be a strong people influencer and driver for a shared future vision, collaborating and guiding the work of teams involved in launch efforts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Product Management: Drive best practice product management practices across multiple product teams and delivery streams.
- Product Reporting and Performance: Work closely with product leaders to define, measure and report on KPIs, as well as develop action plans for risks and issues that arise.
- Product Launch Leadership: Lead development of and communicate comprehensive go-to-market launch and post-launch plans.
- Readiness Project Management: Work across organizational boundaries to ensure that all go-to-market goals and critical milestones are met.
- Operational Readiness: Drive operational readiness to ensure that the product is able to be properly marketed, sold, contracted, installed, trained, billed, supported, analyzed for utilization and canceled.
- Coordinate and communicate with stakeholders around key BAU activities.
- Defining Success: Works with the Operational leaders, Product Management, Product Marketing and Product Development to ensure success of product launches can be measured. Establish / strengthen proper internal controls to ensure compliance of established procedures.
- VOC: Keeps the voice and perspective of the customer present in the product process for in-market operations.
- Training and Support Alignment: Aids Product Management to ensure that training, sales, client services and installation have the facts to effectively plan for, train and support new product/solution being delivered to market.
- Process Improvement: Drives processes that improve product management maturity and skills as well as elevate our go-to-market planning and ensuring commercialization goals are met.
- May manage the work of 3-5 direct reports
- Travel required up to 20%
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a minimum of 7 years of management experience a plus
- Experience in product management
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams
- Experience in project management. PMP or similar certification a plus
- Proven experience in operational and change management
- Experience in customer expectation and relationship management
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.