Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Job Title: Associate or Senior Editor
Department: Behavioral Sciences
Location: New York or London
The international weekly journal of science seeks to appoint an Behavioural Sciences Editor.
Do you love science but feel that a career at the bench isn’t enough to sate your desire to learn more about the natural world? Do you enjoy reading papers outside your chosen area of research? If the answer is ‘yes’, you could be the person we’re looking for to join the editorial team of Nature.
Nature, the international weekly journal of science, seeks to appoint an editor specializing in Behavioural Sciences to join a team dedicated to publishing the world's best original research in the biological sciences. The successful candidate will report to the Chief Biological Sciences Editor and play a key role in determining how biological and social sciences are represented - through the selection and preparation of manuscripts for publication and by interacting with the relevant research communities. These are demanding and intellectually stimulating positions, and call for a keen interest in the practice and communication of science.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- strong track record of research in Behavioural Sciences, with particular attention to computational social science.
- A PhD (or equivalent) in Behavioural Sciences.
- A passion for science and a thirst to learn more. You must be able to demonstrate the breadth of your interest in scientific research, both within and beyond your speciality.
- The ability to read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from different areas of this discipline.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Be eager to travel and meet scientists worldwide, learn more about them and their research, and help them learn more about us and what we are looking for in the papers we seek to publish.
The position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis, and may be located in our New York or London office. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the country they wish to be considered.
Please apply by sending your CV, covering letter (including your class of degree, a brief account of your research and other relevant experience) and a concise discussion of recent scientific developments which you have found particularly exciting (stating why).
CLOSING DATE: JUNE 7, 2019
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.