Anchor - i24 News
- Full Time
Launched on July 17th 2013, i24NEWS is the international TV news channel, part of ALTICE MEDIA Group, broadcasting 24/7 from the heart of the Middle East in Tel Aviv, Israel and in New York City, in 3 languages: English, French and Arabic. i24NEWS uses state-of-art technologies reaching its global audience on the web and in all kinds of communication devices, including smartphones, internet, tablets, twitter and facebook. The channel reports on politics, defense, international affairs, economics, sport, technology, art, music, cinematography, fashion, style and much more. Diverse programming genre, such as news shows, analysis of experts, talk shows, magazines, public affairs broadcasting etc. provides an open and updated news reporting. Mission & Values i24NEWS mission is to cover the latest international news from a new perspective.
i24NEWS is looking for the right individual to be the primary presenter of news and other content across all platforms including social media in a way that connects with viewers, demonstrating credibility, authority and broadly based knowledge of international affairs with an emphasis on the Middle East and U.S. politics. The News Anchor will assist in the writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating of news programming and other content presentation. Develop sources, maintain contacts and pursue leads that result in original stories. Provide leadership that encourages excellence and assist in the smooth operation of the organization. Maintain a deep level of familiarity with issues, newsmakers, and current events. Will act as field reporter as assigned as well as respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required. Position is responsible for participating in promotional activities including public appearances, will also participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of ten years full-time professional news experience including five years anchoring experience preferred.
- Highly effective on-air performance, excellent news judgment, and extensive knowledge of international and national current events and history, newsmakers, and issues are required.
- Should have excellent news writing and copy editing ability for all platforms including social media.
- Knowledge of news gathering equipment and news production techniques.
- Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
- Ability to conduct probing, in-depth and engaging interviews and enhances stories by providing insight and perspective.
- Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations including breaking news and non-scripted events.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.