Senior Producer, Weekend Nightly News
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Oversee and manage production teams including producers, associate producers, researchers and correspondents from story inception to airGenerate story ideas and evaluate pitchesDevelop and craft original news of day and feature stories for the broadcast and on digitalCoordinate ongoing news coverage for broadcastServe as leader/mentor in the Nightly newsroomSupervise direct reports
As a senior producer, you will work directly with the executive producer, anchor, and staff to generate and oversee the production of hard news and feature segments for Weekend Nightly News.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Must demonstrate impeccable storytelling and production skills
• Must have strong writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Must have at least seven years of experience in editorial and show production at the network level, preferably on evening broadcasts.
• Must have prior staff management experience
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
• Must be willing to work a standard schedule of Wednesday-Sunday
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Excellent editorial judgment
• Excellent writing skills
• Highly creative, strong production skills
• Ability to work long hours, under intense deadline
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong storytelling ability
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices.
• Familiarity with social media and emerging digital platforms
• Team player with a desire to mentor journalists
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.