The Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy is responsible for driving consumer focused business development. Reporting to the Director, Marketing Strategy & Analytics, this individual is a critical member of a team that serves as a site internal consultant, and identifies and solves for the strategic short and long term issues to maximize the economic upside of the Universal Studios Hollywood site and drive growth.
Ideal candidates have a strong acumen for storytelling, analysis, and creative thinking. Experience working with strategic frameworks, consumer research and metrics are critical for success. Additionally, individuals with excellent leadership, relationship and problem solving skills in fast-paced environments are encouraged to apply. Responsibilities Include:
Long Range PlanningActively participate in driving annual operating and five year plans in conjunction with Universal Parks & Resorts, including framing overall approach (must be able to articulate the problem, develop a hypothesis, structure the analysis, gather supporting data, and communicate findings succinctly and clearly)Drive international and domestic market growth, including analysis and strategy LeadershipActively develop, motivate and manage a team, including growing team’s strategic and analytical capabilitiesProactively recruits and retains a diverse range of talent
- Business Development
- Proactively identify opportunities and business challenges; subsequently develop hypotheses, drive analysis, and deliver comprehensive recommendations and business plans
- Monitor industry and consumer trends; partner with sister teams (analytics, insights) to establish, track, and report KPIs and subsequently deliver a business-focused POV
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA highly preferred
• Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience (e.g., consulting or start-up business environment)
• Minimum 3 years of leadership experience
• Experience in delivering strategically founded recommendations and structure output from unstructured situations and data
• Strong interpersonal and relationship skills; proactive, adaptable, and collaborative
• Effective time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); thinks well on their feet, as well as presents information succinctly and effectively
• Creative acumen, maturity, and enthusiasm
• Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Experience developing and/or using marketing research
• Experience or exposure in a marketing function and quantitative capacities
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
• Self-directed and able to work independently but also able to work collaboratively in a team-oriented department
• Strong sense of project ownership and dedication to delivering outstanding results
Experience Universal Studios Hollywood ™ - where every day is an opportunity to take action, a chance to have fun. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood entertainment experience with the world’s largest movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions. Here, your individuality helps movie-making magic meet real life thrills to inspire memories that last a lifetime. Therefore, we strive to attract the best talent across a range of positions from hourly guest service to professionals. You are encouraged to bring the passion, energy and creativity that will make a difference to the thousands of families and friends who explore our universe every day. Get ready for an epic adventure at a place where you can be Universally You - Universal Studios Hollywood ™, the Entertainment Capital of L.A℠.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.