Senior Events Operations Manager
- Full Time
Senior Events Operations Manager
Endeavor Business Media is a cutting-edge media company covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, Endeavor values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen.
Job Summary: Oversee and manage the operations logistics, and expense budgets of multiple conference and exhibitions annually.
- Conduct/chair internal and external event meetings as directed by Profit/Loss Owners.
- Main point of contact for all event vendors, including but not limited to General Contractors/Stand Builder, Venue, AV/Computer, Freight Forwarders, Lead Retrieval
- Create and update direct event expense preliminary cost analyses, forecasts, and budgets beginning 2-3 years out from event.
- Adhere to event expense budgets; coordinate timely forecasts, as directed by P/L Owner.
- Research and select venues and dates for events in coordination with the P/L Owner.
- Fulfill of contractual terms on all event agreements including payment schedules, insurance requirements, security procedures, etc.
- Coordinate and order all event show management requirements with all vendors.
- Assist Conference Manager with conference room assignments, room sets, AV requirements, and food service.
- Oversee, coordinate, and analyze all required RFP's for venues and vendors.
- Assist Exhibitor Services Manager with exhibitor manual.
- Ensure the adherence to all established event operations best practices, procedures, and timelines
- Cooperate and communicate with peers to facilitate and maintain a team approach in the production of all events
- Provide required reporting and information to Managers and PL Owners on a timely basis.
- Work collaboratively with sales team to create attractive sponsorship packages, including but not limited to the creation of sponsorship price/cost analysis, sponsorship public sales sheets, and exhibitor services internal sales sheets.
- Set up the next year’s floor plan in a2z no less than 15 months out from the event
- Work with PL owner on next year’s exhibit pricing/packages no less than 15 months out from the event and work with accounting to get the event set up in Oracle
- Work with accounting on all post-event accruals in accordance with accounting guidelines and timelines.
- Ensure compliance with all standard policies and procedures of C&E operations.
- 2+ years project management experience
- Extensive excel experience (level 3), creating complex functions, formulas, protecting cells/worksheets, etc.
- Time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in event management, hospitality, or business
- Approximately 25%-35% travel, mostly in Continental US but possibly limited travel internationally
- Exceptional communication skills (both oral and written) to all levels of the company
- Ability to self-prioritize workload
- Flexible, team oriented personality
- Experience with contract review and negotiation a plus
- Ideally previous experience with conference or tradeshow management or hotel/hospitality experience
- On show site: Sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- On show site: Willingness and ability to work 12-15 hour days
- Willingness to work weekends, when necessary (travel to events, set up, etc)
- Work on a computer 5-10 hours daily.
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirement in confidence.
Endeavor Business Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.