Do you love books? Do you enjoy author events? Are you looking to work behind-the-scenes to help authors connect with readers?
We are seeking a creative and detail-oriented individual who works well under pressure to join our team as an Associate Manager. This position will be responsible for managing book sales for Penguin Random House Speakers Bureau author events. Working closely with each event venue, the Associate Manager will help maximize book sales, and ensure that events run smoothly. The PRH Speakers Bureau represents a stellar roster of authors, and works with a wide variety of partners, including campuses, conferences, booksellers, community organizations, corporations, and more.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Tracking and analyzing sales for Penguin Random House Speakers Bureau authors’ titles.
* Acting as a liaison between sales departments and Penguin Random House Speakers Bureau staff to identify growth opportunities.
* Collaborating between Sales Reps and bookstores, festivals and libraries in order to solicit tours for children’s authors.
* Developing, maintaining, and strengthening relationships with off-site venues and collaborating with sales reps.
* Managing a variety of account marketing projects related to author events and bookseller conferences.
* Attending author events in NYC-metro area occasionally.
* Pitching in on team projects as needed.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.