Senior Video Producer
- Full Time
HarperCollins Children’s Books is seeking a Senior Video Producer who is a sharp, creative and resourceful team player to lead its video content strategy and production. The ideal candidate is up-to-date with the most current video trends, knowledgeable about social media platforms and able to execute micro, short and long-form video content. This role works closely with the video and digital team to implement new and exciting creative executions, and deliver high-quality content that supports our books, authors, and brands. This role will dual report to the Senior Director Video and the Senior Director Digital in the children’s division to conceptualize video for the children’s brands.
- Pitch, create, edit and produce high quality video content for all of Harper Children’s books and brands, including Epic Reads, Shelf Stuff, Harper Kids, HarperStacks and HarperAlley.
- Supervise and direct shoots, using the internal studio and external locations.
- Keep on top of new developments with social platforms to produce effective content (long and short form, live video) optimized for those platforms.
- Review and approve preliminary and final treatments, briefs, scripts, casting, production schedules, budgets, graphics, music, rough edits, voiceover and final deliverables of all assigned projects.
- Work with the children’s marketing teams to oversee creative concepts and production logistics, including the acquisition of props, locations, permits, and resources, ensuring that shoots and projects run smoothly.
- Assign projects and manage outside production freelancers to ensure all projects are on-schedule, on-budget and brief any changes required by marketing, sales, editors, and authors in a timely manner.
- Identify new content opportunities, distribution outlets, and build vendor relationships, managing all logistics and working with legal on production contracts.
- Develop ways to leverage video content to increase site traffic, optimize book sales and advertising revenue with an eye towards audience growth and fan engagement.
- Interpret key analytics/research and disseminate learnings to inform and educate.
- Must have 5+ years experience in video marketing, production and social media management preferably at a brand agency, network or studio.
- Superior understanding of social platforms and the role video plays on each (including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and more)
- Knowledge of all aspects of pre/post-production capabilities, with on-set experience directing and producing shoots and conducting interviews.
- Proficient knowledge of editing software (FCP, Premiere Pro and AE).
- A proven track record in developing video that drives engagement on social media and strong knowledge of current events and trending topics for a young audience.
- Experience managing other video editors and familiarity with digital analytics and tools such as Google Analytics, and Facebook Insights, a plus.
- Candidates must provide a reel/sample portfolio of work via a web viewing link.
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.