UX / UI Designer (+coding)
- Full Time
Position: UX / UI Designer (+coding)
Location: South Bay
Status: Freelance, 40 hrs/week
Estimated Duration: 6+ months
Starts: June 2019
Rate: $45 - 50 per hour DOE
Our global tech client is looking for a UX / UI Designer with coding chops to join their team in a freelance capacity. This role will be 6+ months, 40 hrs/week at the client's office in San Jose.
This Designer be the first UX / UI hire for a fast growing business unit within a global firm that will have creative ownership over the user experience function including: visual design, UI, interaction design, and information architecture.
Primary responsibilities of this UX / UI Designer position:
- Build sites from scratch within HTML5
- Build prototypes or click-through's that capture key interactive user experience
- Optimize web for mobile
- Test web functionality to then suggest and implement process improvements for web QA
- Translate concepts into static artifacts and high fidelity mockups
- Present and defend your ideas and design choices backed with industry standards, research and data
- 5+ years of experience
- Portfolio demonstrating prowess designing websites and software applications
- Ability to create within a fluid grid system (9, 12, 24) is a MUST!
- Experienced in Google Analytics or Omniture for measurement and interpretation
- Background in blocking sites from SEO and indexing
- Basic proficiency with Photoshop
- Knowledge of coding for other responsive frameworks (i.e. Bootstrap, Angular.js)
Big plus: Keen photographic eye, video editing experience
Previous experience working cross functionally with a development team is another HUGE plus for this team.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to:
View additional job opportunities at www.creativecircle.com
Creative Circle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Creative Circle will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact your Recruiter (the person you'll be interviewing with) or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements.