Senior Manager Product Management
- Full Time
The mission and the purpose of our products is to aid in the successful transaction between automotive shoppers and sellers by providing a best in class online experience that elegantly serves both parties objectives. This role is accountable for discovering new market opportunities in this space, facilitating their development, and the sharing in the responsibility of the on-going life-cycle management process.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation! Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:Strategy
- Research and comparison across the competitive landscape
- Identifying new market opportunities and conducting comprehensive discovery activities that confirm business viability and technical feasibility
- Creating business cases and operational plans that represent the investments needed to realize the value expected by new opportunities
- Defining product roadmaps and clearly communicating the vision and purpose of future commitments
- Developing go-to market strategies and value propositions
- Identifying key use cases and KPI’s for the products
- Working with teams on internal and external launch support
- Creating and maintaining product vision and roadmap
- Assess product performance against KPIs and make corrections to improve performance
- Make end-of-life recommendations for non-performant products
- Evolve product set to align with evolving consumer and client needs and expectations
- Sales and Client Engagement
- Partner with sales, sales operations, client solutions, and client marketing teams to communicate new products and product enhancements, develop go-to-market plans and training materials, collect client feedback and integrate into future product plans, and consult with sales and clients as needed to win new business or expand client relationships.
The role is responsible for overall product success as measured by revenue growth (short and long-term), profitability, consumer and client satisfaction, and product performance. This role will typically partner with Product Delivery Managers embedded in agile teams for developing/enhancing the products. Up to 15% travel is expected to spend enough time with Clients to develop a keen understanding of their needs.
We are seeking hard working, intelligent problem solvers that have a strong natural curiosity for the world. Ideal candidates will be trustworthy leaders that can clearly communicate a vision and develop organizational followers to drive success.
Qualifications:Required Experience (minimum): College Degree (BA/BS, or advanced degree)Demonstrated success as a Product Manager in product lifecycle management (minimum 5 - 8 years) including:
- Developing and launching new products or features
- Developing market assessments and business cases
- Developing concept and product definitions
- Product positioning and launching new products
- Product monitoring and evaluation
What We Look For (preferred):
- 5+ years experience in Agile software development
- Experience with relevant business software preferred, including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong experience in Agile/Scrum process
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Digital Media/Advertising, Internet/Mobile Products, Automotive Industry
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.