Digital Assignment Editor
- Full Time
• Will be responsible for logistics, working directly with reporters, photographers, producers, managers and the web department to cover the news of the day.
• Must be able to work with Newsone/ABC affiliates, CMG stations, Florida partners and other media organizations across the country, including Radio and print, as Central Florida is a hub for major news events.
• Needs to have the working knowledge of SNG/DSNG trucks, LiveU and helicopters.
• Monitoring emails, scanners, social media accounts for media related content, handling logistics for multiple field crews and fielding viewer calls/emails.
• Must have strong attention to detail, and be able to see the big picture and understand the significance of editorial content.
Qualifications:• At least 1-year of newsroom experience (FT).
• BA or equivalent professional experience.
• Strong understanding of AP-style writing.
• Strong knowledge of various social media platforms.
• Ability to multi-task, and have strong organizational and communication skills
• Knowledge of the Orlando market is a plus
• The ability to sit for extended periods of time, standing, bending, moderate lifting of 25 lbs may be required
• Schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overnights.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.