- Full Time
Reporting to the Show Director, the Sales Manager will be a senior member of the auto show team and responsible for the sales process for Sponsorships, Banners and Specialty Exhibits, as well as the development of strategic partnerships for Consumer Programs.
Duties will include:
- Act as the sales lead and primary contact on behalf of the New York International Auto Show for all customers purchasing or interested in purchasing sponsorships, banners and Specialty exhibit areas;
- Create and manage a prospect database for industry and related prospects for sponsorships, banner sales, web banner advertising and specialty exhibits;
- Research industry events, publications, directories and referrals to generate additional qualified prospects;
- Working with show director create annual budget projections for anticipated renewal and new sales revenue;
- Develop and prepare weekly sales reports for Show Director and President;
- Maintain regular communication by email and telephone with sponsors and other customers of the show for which position is responsible;
- Develop organizational contacts at multiple levels (gate keepers, decision makers, influencers and economic controllers) within existing and prospect organizations;
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager, develop a variety of programs and components for sponsorship deck as well as for ala carte sponsorship engagements, banners and specialty program materials and proposals;
- If required, attend industry meetings and events to prospect for and meet with existing and potential customers;
- Look to develop programs and initiatives that will create attendee programs with specific partner organizations and on-site engagements that will increase and better serve existing or attract consumer attendance;
- Develop and prospect with potential partners and business’ and organizations in order to develop additional group sales and cooperative ticket sales;
- Prepare post show reports in conjunction with the Marketing Manager for all Sponsors, partners and other clients;
- Assist the Show Director and Marketing Manager with Analytics used for Post Show Reports;
- Additional tasks and duties as required.
- Candidates should have at minimum of 4 to 7 years of sales experience from events, hospitality, publishing, exposition or program sales;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Experience in the development of collateral materials for client solicitation;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently and work well under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially with Power Point and Excel.