Sales Growth Representative
- Full Time
Digiday is looking for a New York-based sales representative to join our Growth Sales team.
In this role, you will build relationships with current and new clients across the retail and marketing technology sector to grow sponsorship sales for our global industry events, online publications and platforms (Digiday and Glossy), and content marketing offerings. This is a full-time position.
How you’ll spend your time:
- Managing, maintaining and converting a realistic pipeline of diverse opportunities based on revenue-based and other goals.
- Landing calls and face-to-face meetings with new prospects and current clients to discuss and brainstorm next-level campaigns rooted in client goals and industry realities.
- For clients without an appetite for extensive campaigns, developing and selling event sponsorships and display and branded content products, including branded articles, videos, sponsored audio and other formats on Digiday.com and Glossy.co.
- Weekly team meetings to discuss and share approaches and challenges, and weekly one-on-one meetings with VP of growth and inside sales to fine-tune your approach to winning large pieces of business.
- Following your client list through the industry press and social media to stay on top of all activations and opportunities.
- Reporting and fulfillment duties as specified by management, including updating Netsuite for account contact, opportunities and other activity.
What we’re looking for:
- 5-7 years of sales experience at an agency or publisher, with some of that experience selling custom integrations and products (i.e. not just selling straight from the sales kit).
- Experience selling multi-platform campaigns or packages featuring some level of display, content, events or other types of inventory.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with top marketing decision makers at brands and agencies, including advertising and marketing technology platforms.
- Experience with Netsuite or other tools to manage client and prospect pipeline.
- An understanding of the digital media and marketing industry, including familiarity with advertising and marketing technology (e.g. programmatic).
- Self-motivated individual who can work beyond basic goals to achieve strategic objectives and, yes, hit their numbers, but also sell through work and build relationships the company can be proud of.
- Full-time presence at the Digiday office.