Associate Commerce Editor (full-time contract)
Yahoo Lifestyle and Entertainment is seeking an Associate Commerce Editor (full-time contract position through third-party contracting agency) to join our new and growing commerce/affiliate team, covering fashion, beauty, home, tech, electronics, wellness, celebrities, fandom and pop culture.
- Reporting to the commerce director, you’ll support our commerce team: Pitch and write commerce articles, ensuring they meet our editorial and affiliate guidelines and standards.
- Upload articles to CMS, select photos, work with visual team to request graphics resize images
- Analyze traffic and conversion results with analytics tools on a daily basis to report to the team, in order to monitor performance and inform future content.
- Ensure team’s deadlines are being met
- Optimize articles for SEO, maximum engagement and affiliate revenue
- Update and re-publish articles with new headlines and product
- Update editorial calendar
- Create all decks and one-sheets
- Coordinate with social media team to promotion content on social channels and newsletter
- Attend occasional press events to preview relevant products
- Create and maintain all databases in Google Sheets
- At least 1-2 years of strong editorial experience creating lifestyle and/or entertainment shopping-focused content at a digital media outlet
- Passion for shopping-focused editorial content
- Experience working in a CMS (Wordpress or similar online publishing platforms) and with analytics tools
- Working knowledge of SEO and best practices for optimizing commerce content for the web
- Deadline-driven, strategic thinker with a knack for crafting click-y headlines
- Experience interpreting data to help readers discover the best products at the best prices
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize large and diverse workload on tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Skilled in creating decks
- Experience in: Excel, Photoshop, Google Sheets, Docs, etc.