Director, Strategy & Business Development
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Planning & Strategy
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Develop and present long-term growth strategies for our portfolio of businesses in cooperation with internal stakeholders Identify, develop and implement new business opportunities that grow our brands and generate new revenueAnalyze, model structure and negotiate business transactionsHelp to develop and maintain relationships with strategic partners inside and outside of the companyMaintain excellent knowledge of the media marketplace and future trends
NBC Universal News Group (including NBC News, The Today Show and MSNBC) is seeking a high-performing individual to help grow audiences and revenue for a group of powerful, global, multi-platform brands. We’re looking for a dynamic team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, hardworking, entrepreneurial atmosphere. This person should be a strong strategic thinker, have dynamic people skills and be an effective influencer and negotiator. He/she will play an important role in driving strategy and transactions for the portfolio.
• MBA or equivalent experience preferred
• 5 or more years working in media leading business development, partnerships, digital growth or related work
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills who can dissect complex issues and make thoughtful recommendations and action plans
• Proven ability to persuade, build consensus and work on a collaborative team basis with all levels of management, internally and externally
• Exceptional analytical, communication and presentation skills
• Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Results oriented and performance driven
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.