Location: Washington, D.C., Washington D.C.
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Gather editorial content and provide targeted research on deadline to the news desk, producers, correspondents and shows using expert skills and comprehensive knowledge of online and print resources Cover breaking news by researching facts on sources and generating new angles of stories to pursue Create fact sheets, timelines, and subject research guides for topics in the news for distribution Work closely with the Desk, Producers, Correspondents, Shows and the Info Center in NYAssist in writing, editing and publishing NBC’s “Meet the Press: First Read” newsletterWrite articles and edit content for the MTP Blog
This is a staff with end date position, with an end date of December 2020
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, political science or related fields
• At least 2 years as researcher/editor or equivalent experience at a news organization
• Must be willing to work in Washington D.C.
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required
• Understanding of news operations and reporting
• Ability to multi-task and meet constant tight deadlines
• Strong writer and editor
• Sound judgment
• Attention to detail
• Demonstrated expertise in social media and internet research
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team player
• Strong interest in news/current events and a desire to work in a creative, demanding and competitive environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.