Director, International Measurement Strategy
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Evaluate research practices and measurement capabilities for both NBCUniversal and Sky and identify similarities and differences in business needs, recognizing marketplace differences and share best practices where applicable.Communicate with teams in both New York and London to clearly relay business capabilities and understand and share customization needs. Lead in providing best practices on global reporting and portfolio positioning.Collaborate in developing roadmap of key Insights & Measurement priorities (measurement, primary research and attribution/ ROI) to support our international sales strategy.Partner with the broader NBCU Insights & Measurement team to leverage effective domestic positioning work and bring to an international level. Drive key initiatives to support evolving priorities of NBCUniversal’s international ad sales offering.
The Director of International Measurement Strategy, Ad Sales Insights & Measurement will be tasked with developing innovative and standardized measurement solutions that help establish NBCU’s international ad sales go-to-market strategy. This role will actively collaborate across NBCUniversal’s and Sky’s Ad Sales Strategy and Research teams to support and drive forward our growing international ad sales business.
This is a lynchpin role in the Insights & Measurement organization that will involve leaning into NBCUniversal’s leading commercial measurement techniques and commercial innovation strategies and identifying opportunities to globalize. S/he will actively lean into the future of advertising media models with a focus on an increasingly digital, non-linear and data-enabled video ecosystem.
The role will work across the Ad Sales portfolio, with key focus on actively partnering with Comcast’s Sky properties. S/he will support the sales efforts of NBCUniversal TV and Digital Ad Sales, Marketing, AdSmart and Client Partnerships teams by providing expertise in effective portfolio positioning, measurement practices and primary research with a focus on revenue maximization.
Responsibilities for the Director, International Measurement Strategy include, but are not limited to:
• Bachelors’ degree from an accredited and recognized institution of higher learning is required
• 6+ years of experience in Consumer Insights and Analytics in a media company, a digital agency, or at a research vendor, partnering with media companies and agencies
• 3+ years of international measurement experience, including experience with international media measurement tools like BARB, IBOPE and more
• 3+ years of experience actively using industry research tools including but not limited to Nielsen Media Research, MRI, Simmons and digital applications like Omniture/Adobe Analytics and comScore
• Strong understanding and interest in media measurement across linear and digital platforms, with experience in the convergence of the two
• Proven ability to demonstrate technical expertise in media measurement practices
• Strong knowledge of the multiplatform media and content space including existing NBCU brands, competitors, emerging technologies, cultural trends and current challenges
• Ability to provide thoughtful strategic insights to senior leadership at NBCUniversal and translate into successful business strategies
• Proven ability to self-motivate, work independently as well as relentlessly collaborate to motivate and inspire a team
• Excellent writing and verbal presentation skills
• Detail oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced and data-driven environment
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines by working efficiently and effectively under changing priorities
• Team player with strong analytical, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency and significant experience with Excel and PowerPoint
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.