Location: Denver, Colorado
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Planning & Strategy
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Business Analyst, Distribution Operations is an integral member of the Global Media Operations (GMO) team. He or She will be responsible for gathering, entering, maintaining, integrating with and classifying data to assist with operational reporting. Specifically, this business-facing individual will work closely with the Business Operations team to meet with various departments and clients to identify improvement opportunities, develop and report key KPI’s, and resolve productivity gaps.
The Business Analyst will partner closely with the Business Operations team on various quality and productivity projects. This individual will be responsible for extracting data requirements and assisting with development/execution of an actionable plan to meet those requirements via automated reporting. This includes but is not limited to, FTE analysis end-to-end workflow analysis of business processes in an effort to drive short-and long-term strategies to improve operational productivity.
Specific Responsibilities include – Extract data and document requirements for KPI analysisMaintain discrepancy databases for Operations and roll out centralized discrepancy database and ticketing systems.Evaluate data collection tools and help develop use cases for new BI solutions.Work closely with managers to develop KPI dashboards for their operations.Weekly/Monthly reporting to clients, operations, and leadershipServe as a subject matter expert for acquiring data from source systems.Work on quality improvement projects and/or systems that would be rolled out company wide.Manage internal project documents and creation/maintenance of document Manual mining and data entry and ability to document manual requirements and translate them into automation.Manage internal project documents and creation/maintenance of centralized repositoryCreate visualization dashboards for operational and client reportingDevelop automated workflows for data blending using internal system tools
• 3+ years’ experience with business analysis, metrics gathering, and managing use cases and functional / technical requirements creation
• 3+ years’ experience in cross-functional project management with delivery accountability
• 3+ years’ experience interacting with all levels of management and stakeholders; must be able to articulate technical concepts and solutions to both a deeply technical and non-technical audience.
• Expertise in MS Excel and proficient in MS Office products required.
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong ability to multi-task
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
• Working knowledge and experience with writing SQL and understanding scripts
• Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau, Domo, and/or Power BI.
• Experience with automated data blending tools such as VBA, Atleryx, and/or Informatica
• Perform under time pressure while preserving data integrity.
• Ability to stay focused and engaged while performing repetitive research.
• Self-starter that demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently with little supervision or in a team setting
• Ability and desire to learn new BI tools
• Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with customers in high-pressure situations
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook
• Must be able to work in Centennial, Colorado
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Exceptional technical, analytical, organization, research, and presentation skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Math, Business Administration, or Engineering
• Proficiency with Microsoft Project or similar project management tool
• Experience with data integration projects and cloud data storage
• Strong team-building, vendor, and customer relations skills
• Able to build and present PowerPoint presentations to effectively communicate a message in a short and clear manner
• Must be analytical and process-oriented and able to apply structure to complex problems
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and communicate effectively with all stakeholders
• Experience with Digital Distribution industry
• Experience working in an Agile environment; knowledge of SCRUM framework a plus
• Experience in business process improvement, Lean/Six Sigma a plus.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.