Vice President, Marketing Strategy & Planning, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Support the Marketing Strategy and Performance (Subscriber & Revenue) of NBCU’s new streaming platformFormulate marketing strategy and optimize the mix of new ads, distribution channels, product mix, churn and reinstates to hit net subscriber growth targetsModeling acquisition and churn, overlaying baseline forecasts & plans with marketing activities & understanding all the levers and relevant stakeholders to deliver the planWork closely with Finance team to deliver short/medium term forecasting to enable great decision making and provide planning capability that sits alongside budgetary and financial cyclesLead & develop weekly & quarterly accurate, robust and timely Customer Platform & Product Net Growth, Acquisition & Churn Forecast across the entire platform Ensure all Forecast & Planning cycles are aligned to standard marketing weekly updates, monthly product updates and quarterly planning and Financial Budget processesProvide reporting, insight and analysis on all the platform and all of its offers incuding promotionsLead on providing insight based on analytical understanding of the underlying performance at product level for acquisition and decay curves for churn – including (but not exclusive to) LTV, customer offer, viewing KPIs, and seasonality.Work with finance team to establish revenue and growth forecasting with a strong accounting for churn, seasonality and event-based growthSupport and coordinate offers and specials with D2C marketing team, understanding their impact on overall marketing and P&LWorking collaboratively with stakeholders across Product, Marketing, Customer Management, Ops & Finance and Data teams.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The Vice President of Marketing Strategy and Planning will deliver and execute marketing strategy plans powered by accurate forecasting that will enable NBCU’s new streaming service to deliver against its core business objectives. As a leader on the direct-to-consumer marketing team she/he will help drive the platform’s marketing performance across all metrics around acquisition, retention and engagement.
This role requires a strong FP&A background and deep familiarity with full funnel digital KPIs that drive growth for subscription businesses. This role should be an expert at identifying crucial inputs and applying them to models that will forecast the growth of NBCU’s D2C business.
This is a key leadership role on the D2C Marketing team and reports into the Head of D2C Marketing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• 10+ years in a finance or analytics role with a strong focus on projecting and growing direct-to-consumer businesses
• 5+ years of FP&A background, ideally (but not essential) in finance
• Experience with Regression analysis and providing Insight that enables great decision-making
• Strong commercial acumen with deep understanding of the DtC marketing levers that can move a business and how they can impact its long-term health.
• Data-driven with proven ability to provide robust analysis and reporting.
• Strong presentation skills and ability to draw insights and tell a data driven story to senior management
• Confident and solution focused to achieve goals with a small, agile team
• An understanding of Management Information systems and ideally (but not essential) some knowledge in data programming languages like SQL and Python
• Good time management skills, an ability to juggle many different tasks at the same time and make decisions on priorities
• Ability to build effective relationships across a variety of different departments
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.