Part Time Digital Producer NEWS - Entercom NY
- Part Time
The ideal candidate will be a passionate news junkie with his/her finger on the pulse of NYC. Candidate should be able to identify trending news, understand social media, and new media technologies. Content creator should understand how to engage and grow a news audience. Would work on digital properties of stations such as 1010 WINS, CBS 880, WFAN, etc.
We are looking for someone who:
• Thrives under deadlines and enjoys the pressure of creating news
• Has strong journalism skills including news judgment, research, writing, and editing copy
• Understands how to use SEO strategies in building headlines, stories, galleries, multimedia posts, etc.
• Is competent in sharing news on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Can produce and share content on a wide variety of topics to engage an audience on several social/new media platforms.
• Knows how to communicate as part of a team and to contribute to larger digital organization
• Understands web and social analytics and how to interpret data
Individuals must have:
• A Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field.
• Excellent writer with a working knowledge of AP writing style.
• Experience in web Publishing, audio, and video content production
• At least two years working in a newsroom or for a news website.
• The ideal candidate will also have experience with various CMS and audio/video software.
• Must be able to work weekends & a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news cycle