Social Media Editor, Fast Company
1 day left
- Full Time
As the publisher of both Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Inc. is the voice of the American entrepreneur. We inspire, inform, and document the most fascinating people in business: the risk-takers, the innovators, and the ultra-driven go-getters that represent the most dynamic force in the American economy.
Fast Company is the world’s leading business media brand, with an editorial focus on innovation in technology, leadership, world changing ideas, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
About The Role
As the Social Media Editor you will help us introduce Fast Company to new, larger audiences and deepen our relationship with our existing community, using creative editorial thinking and careful data tracking. This position is part Digital Growth team, which is responsible for social media, newsletters, search, partnerships and other audience development initiatives across both Fast Company and Inc.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Produce daily content for social channels, using multimedia, social tools, A/B testing, and performance metrics to ensure success.
- Work with different verticals to come up with creative promotional strategies, and help provide editors with data-driven feedback for story ideas.
- Lead video headline optimization and promotion, and manage direct video uploads for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Assist with social tracking reports and monitor Fast Company's communities to gather and develop insights into top-performing content and trends.
- Provide social media coverage and support for events, packages, and issue rollouts.
- Work on other digital growth and audience development initiatives, as needed.
- Note: Occasional travel, early morning, late night, or weekend work may be required, related to news or events.
What We’re Looking For
- 3 years of experience managing social channels for a media brand.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, business, or a related field preferred.
- Strong news judgment and comfort with a variety of social platforms, and an understanding of (and interest in) digital trends.
- Comfortable assuming the Fast Company voice and engaging with followers without oversight.
- Enthusiasm for social media, data analytics, coverage areas, including business, technology, sustainability and design.
- A moderate-to-intense obsession with correct spelling and grammar.
- Knowledge of social platform analytics. Experience with Social Flow, Adobe Analytics/Omniture, Parse.ly, Chartbeat, video or image editing tools, search/SEO, newsletters and partnerships are pluses.
How to Apply
Send an email explaining why you're a fit, links to your relevant social media profiles, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mansueto Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Social Media Editor, Fast Company
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly